SharePoint is an enterprise class collaboration and content management platform which has its strengths, own terminologies and development paradigms therefore before conducting any SharePoint deployment projects IOTAP conducts key stakeholder training's. IOTAP ensure that the design, requirements and user adoption processes are productive and have a free flow of information between all the key members of the project team. The training is scheduled at strategic points during the engagement. It is also repeated across phases to ensure that there is reinforcement.
IOTAP’s SharePoint Deployment Approach
IOTAP’s approach will be to ensure that users are getting familiar and trained quickly, progress is demonstrated to key stakeholders and the benefits of the investment are realized quickly. IOTAP does this using the 4 key steps below.
- Deliver the quick wins. IOTAP builds the components like SharePoint Portal and Document Management first. SharePoint Workflows and the Business Intelligence platform will be delivered in later stages.
- Experience and Process: IOTAP uses proven implementation methodologies like the Microsoft Solution Framework and an experienced and certified delivery team.
- IOTAP uses features and solutions rather than custom code to manage maintenance and support costs. Supported product features and standard solutions as our design and guiding principle in building the system.
- Quality and Testing: SharePoint implementations are different from conventional development projects where a platform is being customized rather than built from scratch. IOTAPs QA efforts are focused on areas where SharePoint projects tend to have flaws like permissions management, user-interface and design principles.
On the Job Knowledge Transfer
Most projects have a knowledge transfer phase after the project is complete. This leads to a situation where owners of the system don’t have enough know how on managing or enhancing the system. In order to share some of the development effort to reduce costs IOTAP will perform on the job SharePoint training to a dedicated team that will be part of the core-implementation team specifically in the areas of SharePoint workflow development.
SharePoint is an enterprise class collaboration and content management platform which has its strengths, own terminology and development paradigms. IOTAP conducts key stakeholders training within the first week of the project on SharePoint 2013 & SharePoint 2016. IOTAP will ensure that design, requirements and user adoption processes are productive and have a free flow of information between all the key members of the project team. The training is scheduled at strategic points during the engagement. It is also repeated across phases to ensure that there is reinforcement.
An enterprise system built on SharePoint requires significant investment of time and financial resources. The return on the investment is only realized through user adoption. IOTAP uses a 4 point technique listed below to ensure that the system is accepted by all:
- Work with Top-level management to get support. Stakeholder training that will be conducted early in the engagement will be the keystone of achieving this initial foundation understanding of SharePoint and portal solution.
- Shorter release cycles to provide incremental updates to users.
- Assist in developing a communication plan for end users to socialize and market the efforts of the SharePoint IT team and upcoming changes.
- Conduct frequent Interviews and Meetings with key business users during the design and requirements phase. IOTAP will focus on the business process to ensure that users needs are met.
The cloud phenomenon has taken the IT world by storm – it is a reality that IT must embrace it to see gains in costs, scalability, and reliability among st others. IOTAPs SharePoint solution can be designed to be deployed to the clients private & public cloud when it is ready.